Based on seasonal rhythms and ancient festivals, “The Wild Wood Tarot” gift set draws inspiration from pre-Celtic mythology and shamanic mysteries.
This stunning new deck introduces us to classic forest archetypes–including the Green Man and Woman, Archer, and Blasted Oak–and explains how to use them as a meditation system, divinatory oracle, or reference.
Look to the heart of a primeval forest where deep ancestral wisdom lies to help make sense of your world today.
With beautiful images by Will Worthington, The Wild Wood Tarot can be used as a meditation system, a divinatory oracle, or as a source of profound knowledge.
It's easy to quickly access the magical lore of the Wildwood through descriptions of each card revealing its historical and mythological background as well as its divinatory meaning.
A 160 page guide book covers the individual meanings of the cards, as well as insights from the lore this deck is based on.
From the Green Man and Woman, Archer, and Blasted Oak, authors Mark Ryan and John Matthews introduce forest archetypes based in the seasonal rhythms and festivals of the ancient year.
Step back in time to better understand where your life's path may lead.
Cards + Book included.
The Four Suits are: Arrows, Bows, Stones and Vessels. Each card has it's name as well as a meaning on the bottom.
The Major Arcana are numbered and labeled at the bottom. All the standard names from the Rider Tarot have been changed on these cards.
0. The Wanderer – 0. The Fool
- The Shaman – I. The Magician
- The Seer – II. The High Priestess
- The Green Woman – III. The Empress
- The Green Man – IV. The Emperor
- The Ancestor – V. The Hierophant
- The Forest Lovers – VI. The Lovers
- The Archer – VII. The Chariot
- The Stag – VIII. Strength
- The Hooded Man – IX. The Hermit
- The Wheel – X. Wheel of Fortune
- The Woodward – XI. Justice
- The Mirror – XII. The Hanged Man
- The Journey – XIII. Death
- Balance – XIV. Temperance
- The Guardian – XV. The Devil
- The Blasted Oak – XVI. The Tower
- The Pole Star – XVII. The Star
- The Moon on Water – XVIII. The Moon
- The Sun of Life – The XIX. The Sun
- The Great Bear – XX. Judgment
- The World Tree – XXI. The World